December 8th, 2005
Present: Gabi, Thomas, Joel, Timothy, Brandi, Mike R., Gary S., Ozzie, Mat, Joe, Sherry
- Last meeting minutes read by Jerry. Motion to approve by Ozzie and seconded by Gary S. Approved by all.
- No deposits and no withdrawals.
- Have a check from an anonymous donor to act as security for the film festival. $500 is a donation with no strings attached. $1500 is a contingent loan – we keep trying to raise money and pay the donor back.
- GAB will give $250-$500
- Other donations of $105
- GLBT services will look into their past practice and may donate also.
Funding/Grants/Fundraising Committee Report:
- Philanthrofund denied us. We sent them additional information about the impact of the web site and the film festival, but they didn’t think the website was having a large enough impact for the money that we were asking for. It is another opportunity for self sufficiency!!
Film Fest Committee Report:
- Ideally we would like a movie about each gay, lesbian and transgender people since we will be showing three movies. It has been hard to find a newer lesbian movie.
- Shawn and Jerry received 10 movies from TLA releasing and watched them. Dorian Blues and Say Uncle look like good possibilities. Most will be released on DVD in the spring.
- TLA is still the only distributor who has responded.
- Philippe is also gathering some movies for us to preview.
- Suggestions were made to contact the San Francisco GLBT center for contacts and a few movie suggestions were made
- The Film Fest committee will meet on Sunday December 11 at 10:30 at Gabi and Brandi’s to watch movies.
- Ticket Prices
- Package A: $12.00 -- both Friday and Saturday ($3.00 discount)
- Package B: $5.00 – Friday only
- Package C: $10.00 – Saturday only
- The box office will not charge us credit card fees
- Tickets will be available for purchase soon through the Pioneer Place on Fifth box office.
- Motion to adopt the ticket prices by Brandi, seconded by Timothy. Approved by all.
- Recommendations for advertisers in the program.
- Gary has compiled a list of past advertisers and would like us to think of new possibilities. Contacts will be made after the holidays. Prices for ads in the program are $25 for a quarter page, $50 for half a page and $100 for a full page ad.
Resource Committee Report:
- Web site statistics for November:
- 790 total visits
- average of 26/day
- 334 unique visitors for the month
- 222 one time visitors
- 112 repeat visitors
- A suggestion was made to add an online survey to the web site to collect data for future grants.
Advisory Committee Report:
- Advisory committee did not meet
- No old business
- No New Business
- GAB dance on Saturday December 10th with a new DJ and door prizes and drink specials.
- There will be a special election December 27th in St. Cloud. Please vote absentee if you will not be around on the 27th. DFL volunteers have suggested that if the DFL candidates (Tarryl Clark and Larry Haws) are elected, then we will have DFL a sufficient majority in the senate to keep an anti-gay marriage bill from making it to ballot.