November 11, 2004
Present: Mike, Troy, Bill, Jim, Brandi, Thomas, Jerry, Ozzie, Gary S., Gabi, Ashley
Meeting facilitated by Brandi in Dan’s absence
Gabi read the October minutes, approval moved and seconded by Ozzie and Jerry. No changes.
- At the end of September we had $2091.64 in our account.
- Expenses have been for the play ($167.93 to Bill for general expenses, $111.86 to Jim for food) and we received $75 for ad space on the play program.
- That leaves $1886.85 in account now, plus $1257.20 in OUTfront account, for a total of $3144.05.
- ULC may start charging us. Currently GAB pays the Unitarian church $85 a month (4 meetings). Whitney charged us $10-12 a month.
- Ozzie moved and Mike seconded a motion to give ULC a donation of $150 for letting us use the space up until now.
- Approved by all.
- Mike will check to see if Whitney is still unavailable on Thursday nights.
Film Festival committee:
- We received the $2000 grant
- Films: “Eating Out” is a possibility. Pushes the envelope a little, would need a disclaimer. Group will preview before next meeting.
- Still need a women’s film. Prefer non-documentary.
- Website updates: there’s now a calendar submission form.
- Directory: letter with returnable card will be sent to all currently listed groups for updates on their info. They also can use web-form.
- Need $30 for postage and envelopes. Moved and seconded by Jerry and Gabi. Approved by all. (Will be taken from OUTfront account)
- FAQ page: what are questions that the group wants listed (or do we drop the page). Question suggestions: any groups? bars? events? Safe professionals: real estate agents, lawyers, financial planners.
6. Play finance committee: (Gary reported)
* Significant shortfall after the play, with debts to Paramount ($553.84) and other professional fees.
* Committee met to discuss ways to raise income and/or reduce debt. Tony Goddard from Paramount is offering to drop $250 from bill. GAB will make a donation. Can use Philanthrofund Grant money for printing costs ($291). Dan is talking to a possible contributor. Other options are individual asks and website ads.
* Group stated that the play fit well with our mission and we’re glad we produced it, now we just need to make good with the money.
* Technicians and Troy are okay with partial payment at this time, rest to come as we can.
* Motion to pay $700 in initial expenses, with technicians receiving $150 or ½ their pay, and Troy receiving $250 at this time. Ozzie moved and Mike seconded, approved by all with Troy abstaining.
* Please bring to the next meeting the name of one person you can ask for a donation of $50 or more.
* GAB dance: 11/19
* KinPride will now be showing in Proctor, WI