November 10th, 2005
Present: Jerry, Shawn, Thomas, Dan, Brandi, Joe, Kate, Michelle, Gabi
Minutes read by Gabi. Motion to accept by Brandi. Seconded by Thomas. Approved by all.
- No change from last month
- Outfront account has $367.28
- OUT account has $716.09
- Total $1083.37
Funding/Grants/Fundraising Committee Report:
- In a letter dated October 19, the Central Minnesota
Arts Board refused our grant request for the Film
Festival because it was not specific enough. They
wanted to know which specific movies we were planning
and what sort of intermission entertainment we were
planning. We can apply again in February.
- The general feeling from the discussion was that we
can not count on getting the grant and need to do some
fundraising. (See below).
- We should hear from the Philanthrofund in November.
Outreach is included in that grant. If we get it we
can check if any of it can be used for the Film Fest.
- Michelle and Kate are interested in having a
fundraiser for St. Cloud OUT -- something like GAB’s
dance night. We encouraged them to make a connection
with GAB and possibly having the proceeds from a dance
go to OUT for the Film Fest.
Film Fest Committee Report:
- The dates for the film fest are Friday March 17 and
Saturday March 18.
- We are asking anybody and everybody to donate what
they can. Donors can be given special listings in the
program. Brandi suggested that we all commit to asking
at least one person for a donation before the next
film fest meeting.
- We need to raise $1500-2000 to pay for the films
and advertising. Ticket prices will cover some of
that, but we would rather go into this knowing that
everything is paid for. We could set aside the ticket
money for next year.
- We have a rental agreement with Dan Barth from the
Pioneer Place on Fifth (PPOF). The agreement includes
all tech support, box office support and any publicity
that PPOF does. PPOF will get concession stand
profits, so we will encourage people to buy
concessions. They will charge us $40 per night for a
tech director. PPOF is only going to charge us $80 for
- Dan has notified the Paramount.
- Jerry has written an information sheet on the film
festival for distribution to anyone who wants more
- Shawn has had contact with Power Up and TLA
releasing. Power Up has mainly shorts—many of which we
have already shown.
- The next Film Fest Committee meeting will be at The
Meeting Grounds in Sartell on November 17, 7 p.m.
Resource Committee Report:
Web site statistics for October:
- 734 total visits
- 23 average visits /day
- 331 unique visitors
- 222 one time visitors
- 109 repeat visitors
Advisory Committee Report:
Advisory committee did not meet
We received a letter back from SCSU regarding the bias related incident at SCSU. The letter gave details of the incident – comments on the walls of a dorm that were washed off by security staff. There are no suspects, but if there were they would be dealt with. They are working on it. The letter was almost two pages and was a very reflective response.
No new business
GAB dance 11/12 at the Red Carpet.