November 8, 2007
Present: Jerry, Shawn, Joe, Gabi, Brandi, Gary, Sarah, Christopher, Thomas, Jaime, Joe
- Last month’s minutes were read by Jerry
- Motion to approve by Gabi seconded by Shawn and approved by all
- $3,909.89 in account
Funding/Grants/Fundraising Committee Report:
- Nothing to report
Film Fest Committee Report:
- We have four movies to view. We will watch them on Sunday afternoons from 4-6. The schedule will be Nov 11 at Shawn and Jerry’s, Nov 18 at Gary’s, Nov 25 at Gabi and Brandi’s.
- Shawn said he could contact other distributors. Chris also went through the list that Brandi sent out and picked 10 of the list. We should divvy up the list to find distributors.
- Shawn wrote a letter to invite the student movies. Gabi will contact Philippe and Dan for possible suggestions on where to send the letter.
- Advertising will be discussed next month but start thinking.
- Chris has a graphic designer contact and will talk to her
- More brainstorming: Should we expand Sat pm for high school PSAs followed by Camp Out? How about sponsoring a high school student ticket?
- We would love to recruit more members. Anybody out there interested in screening movies? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Resource Committee Report:
- The website has a new of counting visitors. The number of visits to the web site for September was 1615 and October was 615.
- Jerry has been working on the website. He showed us his prototype and it was great. Everyone encouraged him to keep going with his ideas.
- It is now possible for groups to just add stuff to the calendar themselves. Please take advantage of this new feature!!
- There have been a couple of updates to the resource directory.
- The committee will meet.
Advisory Committee Report:
- Advisory committee did not meet
- 1. GAB Dance 11/8 at the Re Carpet. GAB potlucks are still going on. See the GAB skinny for directions.
- ENDA passed the House. Let’s celebrate!!
- Next meeting will be 12/13 at Shawn and Jerry’s.