October 14, 2004
Present: Mike B, Jerry W., Brandi C., Gary S., Thomas K., Joe C., Bill B., Mike S., Dan A., Jim G., Gabi W., Steve S., Catherine F.
The minutes were read and approved.
- August $2268.58
- September -$45.00 for web site
- -$84.80 for the play
- - $47.14 for the play
- total of $2091.64 in OUT account
- Outfront account is the same as it has been for months
PLAY JOSEPH AND THE OLD MAN:
- Buy your tickets now and bring Kleenex
- Going well – everybody is healthy and it looks good.
- Art is up
- Sold three ads for the programs
- Great article in the paper – first play in Sunday’s paper!!
- Hankies for gifts for the cast with the logo on it. Brandi motioned and Jerry seconded that OUT finance them
- The actors talked to the Eclipse kids after rehearsal last week about being straight actors playing gay people.
- Reception Friday at 6:30 for the artists and art show.
- A subcommittee will look at the finances. The subcommittee will include Dan, Brandi and Gary S.
- Web site has received lots of hits: June 241, July 237, August 289, September 981, and so far 341 in October.
- There are links on the home page to Joseph and the Old Man and email forms. The forms are for suggestions and problems and requests to get listed in the resource directory.
- There is a 2005 calendar on the web site now.
- Cards will be sent to every group listed in the resource directory with last year’s directory. They will be asked for their 2004 updated information and if they want copies of the directory.
- GAB offered to let us use their PO Box. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANKYOU
- Next month we will need to discuss what FAQ to put on the FAQ page. Please bring in some ideas to next month’s meeting.
- The grants are done and have been submitted to CMAB. We should hear in November.
- Movies are starting to be considered. Eating Out is a possibility – they would let us have it for half of the going rate; $500 instead of $1000. It would be very college student friendly. Girl Play was another suggestion but they will not negotiate the $1000 fee. The committee is looking for other movie suggestions.
- The band All the Pretty Horses have agreed to an hour show after the 2 movies.
- George Maurer has agreed to play again.
- No art show this year because the space was already booked.
- There will be a GAB dance the Friday before
- GLBT AA
- it would be possible to use Atwood
- we would like to help publicize it.
- Womyn’s Unlimited will be having a New Year’s Gala!! Buy your tickets now for cheaper.
- Eclipse will be presenting at the Social Justice Conference October 26 at Apollo. The conference is sponsored by the Center for Service Learning and Social Change. Craig Kihlburger, member of Save the Children, an anti child labor organization will be the keynote speaker.
- GAB dance October 30 at the Red Carpet. Prizes for costumes!!
- GLBT Student Services will be doing something for World AIDS day December 1 on the SCSU campus. A piece of the AIDS quilt will be there. Coming Out week was this past week and was successful.
- Meeting location
- University Lutheran is looking at their meeting schedule. Next month we need to discuss making a donation to them for the use of their space. It would also be a good time to discuss our meeting space in general. Please come with any thoughts. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU again to the church for their generosity so far.