August 11, 2005
Present: Gary S., Joe, Gabi, Brandi, Ozzie, Stephen, Jerry, Shawn, Jack, Thomas
- June minutes read by Ozzie Motion to accept made by Brandi and second by Gary S. It passed
- Outfront account has 367.28 one check to Jerry for web site set up for 128.50 one check to transfer money to OUT account for community outreach expenses for 134.69
- St. Cloud OUT account has 270.39 one deposit of 134.69 from Outfront account
- Total assets 637.37
Funding/Grants/Fundraising Committee Report:
- Grants – did not meet over the summer need to distinguish between operating expenses grants and FF grants
- Garage sale is going well. Need volunteers to tear down on Saturday. Ozzie, Stephen, Gary and Thomas will help. Thanks to Shawn and Jerry for hosting.
Film Fest Committee Report:
- Dan, Shawn, Brandi, and Gary S are on the committee
- A meeting will be set ASAP
Resource Committee Report:
- Web site statistics:
- 866 visits since 7/10
- The calendar and resource pages are the ones accessed most often.
Pride Committee Report:
- People wanted the directory
- Dan has the leftover materials
- Let’s do it again next year
Advisory Committee Report:
- Advisory committee did not meet
- GAB dance August 19 and birthday bash on the 20th from 1-6 at Mississippi River County Park.
- GLBT library Since we all have some books that may be of interest to others, Gabi suggested that we figure out a way to set up a lending library. The resource committee will take up the matter.
- Need to address Stephen’s proposed addendum to the bylaws at the next meeting. Along with these minutes the financial policy, mission statement and bylaws will also be sent so that everyone will have a chance to look them over before the next meeting. Please bring your own copy with you to the meeting.
- Jack is interested in compiling a list of GLBT friendly businesses. We will address it at the next meeting.
- Next meeting will be September 8th at the Meeting Grounds in Sartell.