July 12, 2004
Present: Bill, Troy, Joe, Dan, Mike, Jerry, Jim, Gabi, Brandi, Ozzie, Steve, Gary S
Minutes approved from last month with a clarification that $1983.58 was the balance not the amount of money made at the Spring Outing.
- Our general account has $1983.58 as of the end of June
- Outfront account had $14707.20 at end of May
- One check written for web stuff $150
- End of June balance is 1257.20
- The directory will be updated once school has started
- First priority is to make the local resources more visible
- Need to ask Alicia about parameters for changes since it is copyrighted under her company Thunderstruck
- Since Alicia has moved we need to find another local webmaster who can, with the help of the resource committee, be alert to current local events. Jerry is interested and will join the committee.
- The committee will look into how to make the St. Cloud OUT website more easy to find in web search
Play – Joseph and the Old Man:
- A rehearsal space has been found (University Lutheran) for minimal cost. Renting space at the Paramount for rehearsals would cost $600.
- Costumes can be the actor’s regular clothes.
- Publicity is looking good. There will be an article in the Muse arts magazine and Lavender has been contacted. There may also be a Kinpride episode about it.
- Auditions will be August 23 and 24 and are open to anyone ages 16 and older.
- Tickets are on sale now!!
- It is difficult to get grant money for art projects in October because it falls in between grant giving cycles. Most of the possible institutional donors do not make their decisions until after October.
- Dan will be asking for advice from various people and institutions.
- We are looking for individual donors. Please contact us if you are interested in helping.
- Troy can donate his writing and directing fees if needed.
Play art show:
Three artists have been invited to show during the play. One has signed a contract so far.
Film Fest Committee:
- It will be February 19 – the kickoff day for the GLBT conference at State.
- Grants are being applied for
- Mike will look into having the band All the Pretty Horses play after the movies.
Review of bylaws:
- We continued going through the bylaws, making changes as needed.
- They will be sent out as an attachment in July.
- We will be voting on them at the next meeting. If you are not going to be at the next meeting you can contact the email list with your vote if you want to be counted.
- Book review by Mike
- Mike reviewed the book God did TOO make Adam and Steve by local author and motivational speaker Denny Smith. He gave it a glowing review. They are available at Books Revisited downtown and Mike is also selling them.
- The Philanthrofund report was sent May 20. Dan will call them to make sure they got it.