"Providing solidarity and support to area GLBTA organizations"
  Today is:

You are visitor:

Join our FREE mailing list
 Find us on Facebook
Contact Us
About Us
St. Cloud Out - Meeting Minutes

May 10, 2007

Present: Timothy, Dan, Thomas, Jerry, Shawn, Joe, Gabi, Brandi

Secretary's Report:

  1. Last month’s minutes read by Dan
  2. Motion to approve by Gabi seconded by Thomas and approved with no changes

Treasurer's Report:

  1. Our balance is $3945.39
  2. No gains from 2005/2006
  3. No real losses either.
  4. Less tickets sold for the film festival – maybe because it was St. Pat’s Day
  5. Went over total income and expenses from the past year. We have $339.08 less than we did at this time last year.
  6. We did less fundraising than last year. Should we do the Big Gay Garage Sale again?

Funding/Grants/Fundraising Committee Report:

  1. Nothing to report

Film Fest Committee Report:

  1. Women Make Movies just now ran the GLBT Services credit card – took long long time
  2. Dates for the 2008 Film Fest
    • April is better availability at Pioneer Place
    • New film screeners are out in February
    • Dan moved that we move the Film Fest to April 2008. Brandi seconded it. Shawn thirded it. Passed by all.
    • There are other GLBT events in April too that we could tie into.
  3. When should we reconvene? Start searching in August and screening in September.
  4. We would love to recruit more members. Anybody out there interested in screening movies? Please email [email protected]

Resource Committee Report:

Web site statistics for the month of:

April 2007

Last Month

Last Year

Total Visits:




Average per day:




Unique Visitors for the month:




One-time Visitors:




Repeat Visitors:




  1. Jerry gave stats for the web site for the past three months. March had a peak (presumably due to the film fest) of 2558 visits. April had 2077 visits. WOW!!
  2. Ashley at GLBT Services is still working on a Business and Service directory. Check out the web site for more information.

Advisory Committee Report:

  1. Jerry Joe, Gary and Timothy met after last month’s meeting. They discussed the following:
    • Offer other events other that the film fest. They could include: picnic, bus charter trips to other towns, camping, teaming up with other groups (such as Outwoods, Naked MN, Prime Timers, Northern Gay Men’s Center) for an event
    • OUT memebers attending other group’s meetings and events
    • try to get representatives from other groups
    • Are we living up to our mission statement? Do we need to modify the mission statement?
    • Tools to facilitate communication to the greater community like decals, stickers, or business cards
    • Add a message board on the web site? Add discussion groups?
    • Work with the Multicultural Center of Central Minnesota. Maybe a speaker series? We should invite them to a meeting
    • Work with GRIP in trying to form a human rights office for Central Minnesota

Old Business:

Duluth Pride

  1. Labor Day weekend – all day festival on Saturday September 1
  2. Cost is $50 to $75 for table with chair
  3. GAB is going too and may want to share a table with us
  4. July 20th deadline
  5. Brandi moved to spend $75 to get site, table and chairs with the possibility that GAB will go in for half. Seconded by Shawn. Approved by all.
  6. Committee – Dan, Jerry, Shawn, Gabi, Brandi, Thomas

New Business:

GLBT Services

  1. Timothy took a job at LeHigh University in PA. He will write us into the transition letter
  2. Carmelle will be the grad assistant again next year


  1. None

Business Meeting

  1. Both Jerry and Brandi were approved by all to continue on in their positions. Jerry will be the facilitator and Brandi will be the treasurer
  2. There is an opening for an advisory committee member. If you want to join please attend the next meeting.
  3. We discussed whether our quorum of six was too high. There have been two meeting in the past year where there were not enough. The group decided to keep it at six
  4. The advisory committee will look at the mission statement to evaluate if it is attainable. They will report back at the next meeting.
  |    |    |  Privacy Policy