April 10, 2008
Present: Jerry, Joe, Gabi, Brandi, Gary, Sarah, Thomas, Shawn, and Jaime
- Last month’s minutes were corrected to say that the 501(c)3 application and approval will be a lengthy process.
- Motion to approve with corrections by Brandi seconded by Sarah and approved by all.
- $2807.89 in account.
- We have deposited $885 in ads and paid out $990 in film rentals. There is one outstanding check to pay $125 for printing the programs. We still need to pay $270 to Pioneer Place and $650 for the ASL interpreters.
Funding/Grants/Fundraising Committee Report:
- We will continue to discuss the 501(c)3 process after the Film Fest.
Film Fest Committee Report:
- 125 programs will be ready to be picked up on Monday
- Sarah talked about the drag show. It will be a fun show and they have their own MC. They will be having dress rehearsals at PPOF. She will give Brandi the names for the comp tickets.
- Brandi will update Out at Work statistics on Friday.
- We should be there between 6-6:30. Doors open at 5:30
- Brandi and Gabi will do the introductions on Friday night. They will give a welcome, introduce the movies and the panel.
- Jerry and Sarah will introduce things on Saturday.
- Gary and Dan will introduce on Sunday.
- Brandi will give a copy of Finn’s Girl DVD to PPOF to see if it works.
- Posters -- Brandi put up posters downtown, Jaime gave posters to the GLBT office, Dan talked to Ozzie about posters at SJU and Sarah put one on the board at the GLBT office.
- PPOF thank you gift – Shawn moved and Jaime seconded to spend no more than $75 on thank you gifts. Approved by all.
- Please send out reminders to your respective groups about the Film Festival.
- The film fest is mentioned in the For the Bible Tells Me So advertisement as well as an article in the Times.
- Brandi moved that we purchase a 2 column 7 inch ad in Up Next for $305.20. Approved by all
- Jerry is developing the ad. He will send it out to everyone for approval.
Resource Committee Report:
Web site statistics for the month of:
Unique Visitors for the month:
- There were 144 on the Film Fest link – people are using it.
- The site is also getting redirects from other pages.
- Heidi at GLBT Services has put together a resource list.
Advisory Committee Report:
Advisory committee did not meet - Nothing new to report.
- Nothing to report.
- The secretary position is open for nominations.
- May is the business meeting.
- GAB Dance schedule will be following the Film Fest.
- GAB potluck on 4/11. See the GAB skinny for details.