April 01, 2004
Members present: Stephen, Ozzie, Joe, Thomas, Troy, Bill, Gabi, Brandi, Gary W.
Minutes from last meting read by Ozzie and approved.
No treasurer report
Film Fest: (wrap up)
- Made money (specifics will be in next month’s minutes)
- The evening went well and there was general praise all around including Art for Out. The Lavender write up was also good.
- The second film was a bit hard to understand although it tested fine. The reason for the sound problems is unknown.
- THANK YOU to the anonymous donor who donated money for next year’s event.
- Thank you cards have been sent.
- Our apologies to those who came especially for the information meeting last month. There was a mixup about dates with the lawyer.
- It will be rescheduled.
- The committee is writing a report for Philanthrofund. They are waiting on a report from OUTFRONT
- They are also working on the bylaws
- Next meeting April 26
- The food and entertainment are arranged.
- Donations are coming in – we could always use more!!
- Ticket sales are coming along, but are a little slow. 40 were sold as of the third week of March.
- Publicity--- fliers are going up, emailings, a St. Cloud Times article about Miss R is in the works, on the calendar of Lavender, Outfront. We will look into MPR and the cable channels.
- HELP NEEDED WITH SET UP @ 4:30 on the 24th at the Carpet.
- Ozzie is resigning from the advisory committee and Brandi is resigning as chair but will stay on committees.
- THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE
- We need to set up a rotation system for the advisory board.
- Nominations for chair and two openings on the advisory committee will be taken in May. Job descriptions will follow shortly.
Possible Fall event:
- Troy’s play
- There is interest in helping put it together for National Coming Out Day in October.
- There are grants available and they are being investigated
- OUT’s role would be the same as it was for the film fest
- Advertising, planning, maybe another art show (this time for artists to sell their stuff and make a profit!!) reception
there would need to be a liaison between the play/ the committee and OUT
- Rehearsals would start in August
- Performance in October
- With the political season upon us we think we should for a political committee in May.
- The may meeting will in involve food, nominations, brainstorming what is next, form committees.
- If you have been wanting to become involved NOW IS YOUR CHANCE