March 13, 2008
Present: Jerry, Joe, Gabi, Brandi, Gary, Sarah, Thomas, Shawn, Jaime, Amanda
Last month’s minutes were not read but sent out for all to read.
Motion to approve by Thomas seconded by Jaime and approved by all.
- $4017.89 in account.
- We have deposited lots of checks. $350 has been sent to pay for Freeheld. $200 in new checks tonight!!
- Advertising totals of $710 so far.
Funding/Grants/Fundraising Committee Report:
- Shawn researched the 501c3 (nonprofit) process. It is roughly a four month process. We need to apply for an Employee Identification Number (?) and will need a signature. We need an advisory meeting to discuss the next steps. At the May meeting we will discuss a new name. If we start fresh with a new name the process will be much less painful.
Film Fest Committee Report:
- The film fest dates are April 18-20. Pioneer Place is locked in for Friday Saturday and Sunday.
- The Friday night movie will be Freeheld. It has been nominated for an Academy Award this year!! It will cost $350 plus $25 in FedEx shipping. It is 38 minutes long.
- Before Freeheld we will show Out at Work (56 mins long) which deals with being out in the workplace. It is from the mid- 90s. It will cost ~$150.
- East Side Story will be Saturday night It is 88 minutes long and will cost $500.
- Finn’s Girl will also be Saturday night. It is 88 minutes long and will cost $500.
- For the Bible Tells Me So will be shown on Sunday afternoon.
- Total movie cost $1500
- Brandi motioned and Sarah seconded to authorize $500 for Finn’s Girl, up to $200 for Out at Work and to send an invoice of $500 to GLBT Services for East Side Story. Passed by all.
- For the Bible Tells Me So organizers would like a discussion panel after the movie. We will check with Dan to see if it a possibility to have the space until 5 pm. Their committee will need to organize it.
- The panel for the Friday night discussion will be local attorney Paul Jeddeloh, Outfront attorney Phil Duran, and local financial advisor Toy Ward.
- This year’s Saturday night entertainment will be a drag show by SCSU students. There will be three performers who will perform three songs each. They will each do one before the movies and then perform two more during intermission. The tech will just need to press play on the sound system and give a red wash to the stage for one song. They will MC their own show.
- In return for the show the student’s would like eight comp tickets. Motion to approve eight comp tickets was made by Sarah and seconded by Brandi.
- Jerry will continue to try to connect with the Up Next editor.
- Flyer to pass out during For the Bible Tells Me So. We need a contact at each venue that will be responsible for handing them out. Jerry and Brandi will design it and get copies made. Brandi motioned and Shawn seconded to print 150 sheets for a total of 300 flyers. The other showings are 4/9 at SCSU, 4/13 at St John’s Episcopal, and 4/16 at St. John’s University.
- ASL Interpreters – Ann and Amy are a yes. Joe motioned and Sarah seconded to approve up to $750 for ASL interpreters. They will be responsible for interpreting the movies and discussion but not the drag show. Approved by all.
Resource Committee Report:
Web site statistics for the month of:
Unique Visitors for the month:
- New site is live. Check it out!!
Advisory Committee Report:
- Advisory committee did not meet
- Nothing to report
- No new business
- GAB Dance schedule for the next few months: 3/15, 4/19, 5/17 at the Red Carpet. GAB potlucks are still going on. See the GAB skinny for directions.
- Jeff Ringer is holding GLBT dances monthly at his studio. The next one will be 3/21.