March 10, 2005
Present: Ozzie, Gary S. Brandi, Gabi, Shawn, and Jerry
Minutes from February read by Ozzie. Motion to approve by Gary and second by Jerry. Approved by all.
None at this time
We need a new treasurer. Since we will be choosing new officers in May, Brandi proposed that we have an interim treasurer until the May meeting. Ozzie motioned and Gabi seconded that Brandi be the interim treasurer since she is already a signatory on the checks. Passed by all.
Hurrah!! Great film fest and we did not lose any money. Lack of students was disappointing. We need to make OUT more visible on campus and do more outreach to them.
- Addendum to the minutes – there was no tab at Kinko’s and we did not get a discount.
- Website – will put on a thank you to people for coming to the film fest.
- The directory is now updated.
- We need articles and pictures to laminate for the booth. Please look through your materials and bring to a meeting. Or if you would like someone to pick things up, please email us.
- PLEASE TALK TO YOUR GROUPS – what time slot do you want?
- Staffing needs to be a priority.
- Recommend that a subcommittee meet to plan the April open house to invite people to become involved in the GLBT community. “Come out come out wherever you are!!”
- The goal is to reenergize and support each other.
- Jerry, Brandi, Gabi and Gary volunteered and will meet Saturday March 19 at Serendipity at 1:00.
- It was recommended that there be pie. Shawn will be in charge of pies.
- The judge will send her decision to the GAB PO Box,
- Gary S., Mike, Joe and Jim were present in court. Thank you so much for your time and energy in this matter.
Minutes on the web:
Jerry proposed and Gary seconded that the OUT minutes be posted on the website. It was approved by all. The minutes from 2004 to the present will be available a.s.a.p.
- Lutherans Concerned will be having a meeting March 17th with the topic “Is Gay Marriage Feasible?”
- There has been some discussion about forming a political/ social issue group. If you are interested, please come to the meeting in April.