February 14, 2008
Present: Jerry, Joe, Gabi, Brandi, Gary, Sarah, Thomas, Shawn
- Last month’s minutes were read by Brandi
- Motion to approve by Shawn seconded by Sarah and Gary and approved by all.
- Shawn moved to discontinue reading the minutes as long as the minutes are sent out at least 24 hours before the meeting. We would still have a motion to approve them or not. Motion seconded by Brandi. Approved by a vote of 7-1.
- $3,905.49 in account.
- We have received $210 in checks for advertisements. It will be deposited tomorrow.
Funding/Grants/Fundraising Committee Report:
- 501c3 is still being investigated.
Film Fest Committee Report:
- The film fest dates are April 18-19. Pioneer Place is locked in for Friday Saturday and Sunday.
- The Friday night movie will be Freeheld. It has been nominated for an Academy Award this year!! It will cost $350 plus $25 in FedEx shipping. It is 38 minutes long.
- We will look at getting the Frameline educational pack to fill out Friday night. It costs $40 and has lots of short movies. We will own them and can show them over many years. Shawn will look specifically for workplace or harassment themed movies.
- East Side Story is a definite possibility for Saturday night
- Jeffrey from Wolfe video will be sending us brand new movies to preview.
- For the Bible Tells Me So will be shown on Sunday afternoon. This will be the fourth showing of the movie in the area. It is being shown in cooperation with the HRC. The movie itself will cost nothing, but there are $90 in tech costs that need to be covered. Brandi moved that “St Cloud OUT cover the tech costs, if in exchange the ads for FTBTMS would say something like, ‘The fourth showing will be at Pioneer Place during the St Cloud OUT GLBTA Film Fest running April 18- 20 th.’ In addition, if at all possible we would appreciate if the ad would direct them to our website and during the showings if they would hand out flyers for the Film Fest (which we would provide).” The motion was seconded by Sarah and approved by all.
- ASL interpreters:
- Costs around $500. Definitely the right thing to do. Brandi will contact Ann and Amy to see if they are available.
- Dan Barth is checking on the cost and availability of Tania.
- Sarah says there are a group of SCSU students who are ready willing and able to provide us with a drag show in between movies and before the show. The students are very excited and so was the rest of the committee. We will need to work out details with Pioneer Place in regards to the techie and a rehearsal time on Saturday afternoon. They can MC their own show. We will need names for the program.
- We will contact Leesa to say thanks but no thanks this year.
- Friday should cover workplace issues. We brainstormed people to contact.
Resource Committee Report:
Web site statistics for the month of:
Unique Visitors for the month:
- The number of visits to the web site for January was 721 –359 unique visitors.
- New site is live. Check it out!!
Advisory Committee Report:
- Advisory committee did not meet
- Nothing to report
- Nothing to report
- GAB Dance schedule for the next few months: 2/16, 3/15, 4/19, 5/17 at the Red Carpet. GAB potlucks are still going on. See the GAB skinny for directions.
- Vagina monologues are 2/15 at SCSU
- Judy Shepherd will be at SCSU on 2/26. She is Matthew Shepherd’s mother.
- Next meeting will be 3/13 at the Corner Bean on the corner of University and 9th Avenue.