February 10, 2005
Present: Gabi, Brandi, Joe, Gary S, Jerry, Ozzie, Steve, Mike, Jim, Gary W., Dan, Thomas
Minutes from last meeting read. Ozzie motioned to approve and Brandi seconded. Minutes approved.
- Outfront account balance as of December 31 $2705.47
- Bank account balance as of February 10 $1126.55
- checks this past month to Troy Weber for the play $100
- Brandi Canter for the website $45
- Pride booth $85
- Deposits from ads in the film fest guide around $550
Jim is resigning as treasurer after the film fest. The position is now open and nominations will be accepted at the next Out meeting.
Resource committee report:
- The website is updated except for info from the colleges.
- We need printed copies for the film fest. Brandi motioned and Gary S. seconded that we print up 50 copies and then more later for Pride. The motion carried. We have a tab going at Kinko’s for the film fest. Thank you to Kinko’s for their discount!!
Film Fest committee:
- There has been lots of community support
- Thank you to Gary S for making the program and Jerry for designing the posters.
- There has been lots of publicity. The posters are up. There is a two page article in Lavender. All the Pretty Horses sent out info to their fans. It has been on KinPride, Mike’s radio show and KVSC.
- The website has the schedule of events on it. From 6-6:45 there will be wine from Cub served and music by Gary Gimmestad. Thank you to both.
- There will be an information table available for groups to put out their info.
- Tickets are $5 for everybody.
- We are registered as an umbrella organization, so all organizations in our resource directory can have information at our table.
- We cannot sell anything.
- Pride supplies the table. GAB has an awning we can use. We need to bring chairs.
- We need to staff the table. Between all the groups in the resource directory we should have enough people. PLEASE TALK TO YOUR ORGANIZATIONS ABOUT STAFFING THE TABLE.
- The hours the table will need to be staffed are Saturday 9 am – 6 pm June 25th and 10-5 on Sunday June 26th. This means the table has to be set up by 9 on Saturday and also the last group on Sunday would be responsible for taking it down.
- Let’s rally people!!
Play finance committee:
The pending suit was discussed. If you have any evidence either written or verbal please contact Gary S.
Did not meet
1. Steve sent out an email regarding the financing of future events and what we should do from now on. We discussed how events align with our mission statement. It was noted that we cannot add anything to our bylaws until the May meeting. Gary S. moved and Ozzie seconded that we put a moratorium on new projects until May. It was approved
2. Lutherans Concerned will have a forum on gay ordainment and same sex blessing in response to an ELCA report. The forum will be February 20th at 3:00.
3. Jim is resigning as treasurer after the film fest. The position is now open and nominations will be accepted at the next Out meeting. Thanks Jim for years of service.
4. If you have events for the website calendar, you can add them on the website itself. Go to the website, then calendar, then add event.
5. GLBT student services office has an advisory board. Gary W. is on it so he has volunteered to be our representative.
6. Gary W. noted that two local state representatives (Jim Knobloch and Dan Severson) are supporting the state marriage amendment. They can say anything and there is no organized local response. We need to organize!
7. Joe is moving to Buffalo in April and may be missing a few meetings
8. The GLBT rally at the capitol is April 7th. Please attend if you can.