February 9th, 2006
Present: Gabi, Jerry, Shawn, Joe, Brandi, Gary S, Stephen, Timothy
Last month’s minutes read by Brandi. Motion to approve by Shawn and seconded by Stephen. Approved by all.
- Donations for the film festival $2105
$1500 of which is a loan
- Outfront balance $367.28
OUT balance $2227.59
- Question: if we empty the OutFront account, will we have to reapply to have them as our fiscal host?
- Donations: GAB donated $400 (plus $100 for a full page ad), GLBT Services paying $500 for 2 films (will make dummy deposit/withdrawal to acknowledge their donation).
Funding/Grants/Fundraising Committee Report:
Tabled until after Film Festival
Film Fest Committee Report:
- Met with Dan Barth to finalize details.
- No room for information tables
- Leesa will be playing onstage, not in lobby.
- Doors open at 5:30, Leesa at 6:30
- Jerry brought posters and postcards to distribute
- Speakers: Friday: Phillippe will contact Dean S-J; Saturday Gabi has contacted State Senator Tarryl Clark. Larry Haws, Pastor Jane from University Lutheran are other possibilities
- Budget is looking okay.
- Interpreters: we’ll need them for Friday night discussion as well
- We should make a handful of large-print programs available
- Should we reserve a block of hotel rooms? Group decides not to – don’t want to be responsible for them if they don’t book.
- We should invite an SCSU student to come announce OUTProud week.
Resource Committee Report:
- Total visits to the web site are at a record high!
- Web site statistics:
- Total Visits: 1639
- Average per day: 52
- Unique Visitors for the month: 464
- One-time Visitors: 313
- Repeat Visitors: 15
Advisory Committee Report:
Advisory committee did not meet
- Pride Booth reserved: let groups in Resource Directory know we’ll have a table again, and that again they are welcome to have resources their in exchange for help staffing the table. Jerry will let groups know.
- We received a request for a speaker for the MN School of Business. Used the SC-OUT list to advertise their need, but made it clear the person they found does not speak for SC-OUT.
- GAB dance Friday, 2/17/06 at the Red Carpet.
- GAB potluck on the 18th.
- Lutherans Concerned up and running again. Meetings the 3rd Thursday of the month.