January 12th, 2006
Present: Gabi, Mat, Jerry, Shawn, Joe, Thomas, Michelle, Kate, Brandi, Gary S
Last month’s minutes read by Gabi. Motion to approve by Gary and seconded by Brandi. Approved by all.
- Donations for the film festival $2105 ($1500 of which is a loan)
- Outfront balance $367.28
OUT balance $2821.09
- Thank you card sent to the anonymous donor of $100
- Jerry will thank the big donor again too.
Funding/Grants/Fundraising Committee Report:
Ideas for fundraising
- web ads – mention while selling film fest ads
- Mathew Shepherd Foundation
- Gill foundation
- another garage sale
Film Fest Committee Report:
- Dorian Blues --a coming-out gay comedy
- Sir Just a Normal Guy – a documentary about a person transitioning from female to male
- Unveiled – previewed after the meeting -- German lesbian movie
- Who’s the Top -- previewed after the meeting -- a lesbian comedy
- Leesa – local folksinger for pre-movie entertainment both nights
- Cheer Dorothy Cheer for between movie entertainment on Saturday
- Possible speakers
- Friday Phillippe has mentioned the head of the SCSU film department as a possibility
- Saturday Gabi will send an invitation to Mayor Dave Kleis. State Senator Tarryl Clark is another possibility
- Dan at Pioneer Place on Fifth is waiting for details to put up on their web site
- Gary will contact Liz Kohman at the Times
- The committee is putting together press packets for different businesses to solicit advertisements in the program.
- GAB will donate $500 in exchange for a full page ad on the back of the program and a listing as the sponsor of Dorian Blues
- Gary handed out budget information. We are doing OK but still need to raise more money.
- Regarding a donation from GLBT Services, we will donate five tickets for every $250 they donate
- Next meeting at Gary’s house on Sunday at 11 am.
Resource Committee Report:
- Total visits to the website are at a record high.
- Time to renew our web hosting and domain name with Network Solutions. Cost will be $153.50. Brandi moved and Gabi seconded to authorize Jerry to renew for a year. Approved by all.
- Web site statistics for December:
- 1048 total visits
- average of 33/day
- 339 unique visitors for the month
- 221 one time visitors
- 118 repeat visitors
Advisory Committee Report:
- Advisory committee did not meet
- Larry Haws and Tarryl Clark won the special election in St. Cloud.
- Pride 2006 is just around the corner. It will be Saturday June 24 and 25. The fee is $70 if we register before Feb 15. Motion to have a booth at Pride was made by Gabi and seconded by Thomas. Approved by all.
- There will be an action training event January 18 sponsored by Outfront in regards to a gay marriage amendment. The website is www.togetherminnesota.org
- GAB dance Saturday January 28, 2006 at the Red Carpet.
- GAB potluck on the 21st.
- Women’s group will be bowling on the 14th.